It is wise to assume that every surface is dirty and should be cleaned thoroughly before any transfer is made.
SPLASH has been formulated to make applying vinyl lettering, decals and graphics easier, faster and safer. SPLASH eliminates air bubbles and wrinkles, and provides a clean work surface. Surface preparation is the key to successful application. While SPLASH may be used as a cleaning agent, it is not always adequate by itself. ACTION TAC is an excellent cleaning agent.
The following information offers additional guidelines for surface preparation when applying vinyl lettering, decals and graphics.
- Some windows and vehicles may have residual cleaning particles contaminated with silicone, wetting agents or detergents. These do not break down easily.
- ACTION TAC or a good glass cleaner or detergent will adequately clean and prepare most surfaces. For extremely dirty surfaces, a mild abrasive containing cleanser may be suitable.
- The surface must be rinsed well with water to eliminate the soap or compound residue. Isopropyl alcohol is an excellent cleanser.
- Be sensitive to these factors and keep good cleaners handy.
- Always use paper towels for cleaning and wiping.
As with all professional products, adequate testing by the end user is critical. Our field testing has exceeded twelve years. Couple your own testing with ours, and the result will be professional applications worthy of your commitment to quality.