Ideal temperature for applying vinyl is above 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
1) Pour 8 ounce bottle of SPLASH into 1 gallon bottle and add water to 1 gallon mark. mix well, then pour solution into a spray bottle for use.
It is wise to assume that every surface is dirty and should be cleaned thoroughly before any transfer is made.
2) Clean substrate (sign surface) with a commercial cleanser or SPLASH.
3) Place lettering (copy) on surface.
A clean surface will usually result in a good transfer.
4) Remove backing then spray surface with SPLASH.
5) Lay copy on wet surface, position squeegee down.
Please read directions on SPLASH bottle completely.
6) After two minutes either saturate transfer tape with SPLASH or proceed with dry removal of transfer tape.
7) Carefully remove transfer tape, pull down at 45 degrees.
8) Complete transfer by wiping area dry.
SPLASH has been formulated to make applying vinyl lettering, decals and graphics easier, faster and safer. SPLASH eliminates air bubbles and wrinkles, and provides a clean work surface. Surface preparation is the key to successful application. While SPLASH may be used as a cleaning agent, it is not always adequate by itself. ACTION TAC is an excellent cleaning agent.
The following information offers additional guidelines for surface preparation when applying vinyl lettering, decals and graphics.
As with all professional products, adequate testing by the end user is critical. Our field testing has exceeded twelve years. Couple your own testing with ours, and the result will be professional applications worthy of your commitment to quality.